01 Aug Veggie & Egg Summer Side Salad
This is one of my favorite salads to go with some fresh grilled fish!
And now that we are in the middle of summer, it’s easier than ever to get fresh ingredients.
These are also all ingredients that you can pick up from your local farmer’s market or from your garden which is an added bonus!
Veggie & Egg Summer Side Salad
- 150g new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 160g French beans, trimmed
- 160g frozen peas
- 3 eggs
- 160g romaine lettuce, roughly torn into pieces
- For the dressing
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp English mustard powder
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 3 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tbsp capers
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of simmering water for 5 mins. Add the beans and cook 5 mins more, then tip in the peas and cook for 2 mins until all the vegetables are just tender.
- Meanwhile, boil the eggs in another pan for 8 mins. Drain and run under cold water, then carefully shell and halve.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl with a good grinding of black pepper, crushing the herbs and capers with the back of a spoon to intensify their flavors.
- Mix the warm vegetables into the dressing to coat, then add the lettuce and toss everything together.
- Pile onto plates, top with the eggs and grind over some black pepper to serve.