28 Nov Turkey, Tortellini & Veg Soup
Looking for a quick recipe to use up your leftover turkey?! Give this delicious recipe a whirl!
It will definitely warm you up on those colder days!
Turkey, Tortellini & Veg Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 8 cups organic free-range chicken broth
- 1 cup mini cheese tortellini
- 2 cups cooked turkey chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds of organic baby spinach
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes halved
- freshly cracked black pepper
- freshly shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Place oil, celery, onions, and garlic in a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Cook over medium-low heat for a few minutes until they soften.
- Add broth, thyme, and basil. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add tortellini and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add turkey, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Stir well and let simmer for 5 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Top with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese if desired.