20 Mar Turkey Sloppy Joes
We’ve been having fun with old-school hacks lately!
These Turkey Sloppy Joes were so good and definitely worth trying!
Enjoy xo Jen
Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup spicy low sugar BBQ sauce
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add in the garlic, white onion, and bell pepper; saute for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Transfer ingredients to a small bowl.
- Next, add ground turkey to the skillet and season with salt and pepper; break up the meat as it cooks.
- Once the turkey is cooked, add the onion/bell pepper mixture back in. Then add in ketchup, bbq sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and mustard. If you like a little heat, add in cayenne pepper.
- Stir well to combine and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes longer. If the sauce looks too thick, add in a tablespoon of water.