20 Mar Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed red peppers are one of our favorite healthy dinners! They not only look amazing, but they taste delicious and they are pretty easy to put together!
Want to make it a “make-ahead” meal, prep the stuffing part and just assemble the peppers when on whatever night of the week you want to make them!
Enjoy xo Jen
- 4 red bell peppers
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1½ cups white cheddar cheese
- Avocado slices or guacamole, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 jalapeños, diced, more for topping, if desired
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 cups cooked white jasmine rice
- 1½ cups cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups corn kernels
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and membranes, and place on the baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and bake for 10 minutes. Tip out and discard any liquid that pools inside the peppers. Set the peppers aside.
- Make the filling. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, jalapeños, scallions, lime zest, lime juice, cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt, and cilantro. Fold in the rice, black beans, and corn.
- Scoop the filling into the pepper halves and top them with the cheese.
- Broil for 2 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and browned. Alternatively, continue baking at 450°F for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
**Vegan version: Skip the cheese! I’ve been eating dairy-free for a bit and skipped the cheese but they are still the bomb!