08 Apr Spring Veggie Frittata
This is a nice seasonal twist on my egg white quiche that I love to make!
Quiches are so versatile, you can really add anything and they are so delicious!
Spring Veggie Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp snipped fresh dillweed
- 1/2 tsp snipped fresh thyme
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped leek
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add 1/4 cup of the cheese, the dillweed, and thyme; whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add asparagus, leek, and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted, tossing with tongs. Add oil to skillet; toss to coat. Spread vegetables evenly. Pour eggs over vegetables; do not stir. Cook over medium heat.
- As the mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting the egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting the egg mixture for about 10 minutes, until it is nearly set. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Remove skillet from heat. Let stand, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the top is set. Season with salt and pepper.