20 Feb Shrimp and Okra Kebabs with Grilled Peaches and Jalapeño-Bourbon Vinaigrette
Posted at 16:20h in Uncategorized 0 Comments
It’s grill season!!!!! With the warmer temps, we’ve been grilling and boy did we miss it!
This one is a little more bougie …. But so bomb!!
Shrimp and Okra Kebabs with Grilled Peaches and Jalapeño-Bourbon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided, plus more for grill grates
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest plus 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (3/4 ounces) bourbon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided, plus more to taste
- 1 pound peeled and deveined tail-on raw medium shrimp
- 3 ounces fresh okra, halved lengthwise (about 1 cup)
- 3 large fresh peaches (about 1 1/4 pounds), halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to very high (500°F to 550°F). Whisk together 1/2 cup oil, lime zest and juice, shallot, bourbon, jalapeño, maple syrup, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup dressing for finishing. Add shrimp to bowl with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Toss okra with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Remove shrimp from dressing; discard dressing. Thread shrimp onto 4 (12-inch) skewers (presoaked if wooden) alternately with okra. Sprinkle skewers with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Brush cut sides of peaches with