20 Mar Roasted Butternut Squash With Apple Cider Vinaigrette
One of the best things about the fall is roasted veggies!! For some reason they just taste so much better this time of the year!
This recipe is one of my favorites! I usually make a double batch to have for the week!
Enjoy xo Jen
Roasted Butternut Squash With Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 small butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. apple cider
- 1 1/2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Toss squash and onion with 2 tablespoons of oil on two rimmed baking sheets. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, rotating pans once, until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring cider to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer until liquid has reduced to 3 tablespoons, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, reduced cider, and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley.
- Drizzle squash and onion with vinaigrette just before serving.