13 Jun Layered Watermelon Ice Pops
These are not easy or fast to make lol! But, let me tell you… They are amazing!
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed and chilled
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Six 3- to 4-ounce ice-pop molds with wooden or plastic ice-pop sticks
- Puree the watermelon with 1/4 cup of sugar in a blender. Pour into a medium bowl and freeze, stirring every 30 minutes, until the puree resembles a slushy mixture, about 2 hours.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the watermelon slush and pour into six 3- to 4-ounce ice-pop molds, filling them about three-quarters full. Insert wooden or plastic (without guards) ice-pop sticks. Freeze until the mixture is just slightly set, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- After 30 minutes, pour the coconut milk mixture on top of the watermelon mixture, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace at the top. Freeze until the mixture is just slightly set, about 30 minutes.
- Right before the coconut milk mixture is just set, puree the avocado, lime juice, 1/4 cup of water and the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a blender until smooth and creamy. Top the coconut layer with the avocado mixture and freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
- Let sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before unmolding.