17 Mar Layered Mexican Chicken Salad
This is FUN to make and even DELICIOUS to eat!!!
This works great for a make-ahead salad too. Just assemble when you are ready to eat!
xo Coach Jen
Layered Mexican Chicken Salad
- 2 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15-oz. can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 3/4 cup prepared guacamole or use fresh avocado
- 2 ounces lightly crushed tortilla chips – I cut these out but if your plan allows, go for it!
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pepitas
- Make pico de gallo: Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt, cayenne, 3 tablespoons of lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together beans, cumin, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of each lime juice and oil.
- Divide half of pico de gallo (about 1/4 cup) among 4 large glasses or pint jars.
- Top each evenly with romaine, chicken, corn, guacamole, tortilla chips, black bean mixture, and remaining pico de gallo.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon of pepitas.