20 Mar Homemade French Toast
Ahh… who doesn’t love good old-fashioned homemade French toast?!
Here is my hack to make it a little more nutrient-dense and balanced!
Enjoy! xoxo Coach Jen
Homemade French Toast
- Eggs and almond milk for the base
- A pinch of sea salt
- Ezekiel bread
- Real Maple syrup
- And fresh fruit as a topper!
- After you assemble your ingredients, mix up the custard. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and spices with a pinch of salt. Then, dip in each slice of bread, making sure both sides are fully coated.
- While you preheat a griddle or nonstick pan, set aside the dipped bread on a plate or baking sheet. This way, the batter has a chance to soak all the way through each slice!
- Finally, cook! Cook the French toast for 1 to 3 minutes per side over medium-low heat. Slices are ready when they’re nicely golden brown.
- Top with fresh fruit and a drizzle of pure maple syrup, and enjoy!
Yep!! It’s that easy!!