06 Sep Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
These are a big hit in our house!
It’s such an easy dinner to put together and so delicious!
Enjoy! Xo Jen
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 3 red bell peppers cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large red onion cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 lime 1 juiced, and zest for the marinade, 1 for serving
- Freshly chopped cilantro
Options to Serve with:
- Sour cream
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk oil, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin, juice of one lime (plus zest), black pepper, and kosher salt.
- Place the chicken breasts into a large resealable plastic bag and add the marinade mixture over the chicken. Seal the bag tightly and stir through the bag to evenly coat the chicken well with the marinade. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight for a flavorful chicken.
- Cut the onion and peppers into 1/2-inch thick slices. In a 6-quart crockpot, add the marinated chicken. Pour orange juice on top. Add chopped onion and bell peppers (see note). Cover the pot with the lid and cook on HIGH for 4 – 5 hours or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
- Once finished cooking, remove the chicken from the pot and slice it into strips. Add a squeeze of half a lime juice and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
- Serve fajitas in tortillas with your desired toppings.