14 Dec Copy Cat Girl Scout Tagalong Cookies
These have alllll the goodness of Tagalongs, but they are HOMEMADE and super simple! They are also gluten-free and dairy-free for those with food sensitivities/allergies! And if you are a peanut butter and chocolate lover, you are going to have to give these a try.
P.S…. If you need a quick and delicious dessert to put together to bring for the holidays, this is for you!
ENJOY! xoxo Jen
Copy Cat Girl Scout Tagalong Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/8 tsp + 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 level teaspoons of almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Around 20 tsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup enjoy life dark chocolate chips
- Combine all liquid ingredients (except milk and not including peanut butter).
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (except PB and chocolate chips) and stir very well.
- Now mix wet into dry and keep stirring, breaking up clumps as you mix—it may seem dry at first, and you can add the extra 2 tsp of milk or oil.
- Do not add any more liquid than the recipe calls for. It will eventually form something that can either be squished into a ball with your hands, roll out dough to cut-out-cookie width, either between sheets of parchment paper or from inside the bag, then cut with a circle cutter or the rim of a small glass.
- Freeze dough at least 20 minutes before cooking for 10-13 minutes (depending on desired crispiness) at 325 F on a greased cookie sheet. Let cool for another 10 minutes before even attempting to remove cookies from the sheet.
- Spread a little under 1 tsp of the nut butter on each cookie and place them on a wire rack over a sheet of parchment or wax paper. Melt the chocolate, then spread the chocolate over the cookie tops.
- Chill cookies for a few minutes so the chocolate hardens.