17 Apr Bacon Wrapped Apple Bites
If you’re looking for an app to WOW your guests definitely give these a try!
Chef Alina always makes the best combos!
- 8 slices bacon cut in half
- 1 apple cored and sliced – I prefer Gala Empire or Cortland
- ¼ cup Clyde Mays Whiskey optional
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar or brown sugar
- 2 oz thick Cheddar cheese slices sharp cheddar is best
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and set one aside.
- Cook the bacon, in the oven, on one of the prepared baking sheets until just about crispy (10-15 min). You want to undercook them a bit because they’ll continue to cook with the apples. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together the apples, whiskey, sugar, and thyme.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of a slice of apple and then wrap in a half slice of bacon. Hold it in place with a toothpick. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the bacon crisps and the cheese melts. Transfer to a platter, top with fresh cracked pepper, and try not to eat them all yourself.
Recipe by Chef Alina. You can find more information about this recipe here https://chefalina.com/bacon-wrapped-apple-bites/