28 Feb Julie’s Salmon Quinoa Patties
Salmon Quinoa Patties
These protein packed salmon quinoa burgers are simple to make, full of flavor and bursting with nutrition. Delicious over a bed of greens or with a side of roasted vegetables (like lemon roasted asparagus!
Double or triple the recipe and freeze for later!
• 1-1.5 pounds wild caught salmon, cooked
(Could substitute 3 6oz cans of canned salmon, recommend wild caught vs farm raised)
• 4 green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
• 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped (reserve about 1 tablespoon for garnish if desired)
• Zest of a small lemon
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, completely cooled
• Kosher salt
• Fresh cracked black pepper
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Add salmon, along with the liquid in the can, to a large bowl and flake with fork. Mix in the green onion,parsley, lemon zest, and eggs. using your hands combine. Add cooked quinoa, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat olive oil, in a large nonstick skillet, over medium to medium high heat.
3. Form into salmon mixture into 8 patties. Working in batches fry the patties on one side until golden brown, flip and repeat.