20 Mar The BEST Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
We’ve been sort of sick of Taco Tuesdays in our house so this week we tried enchiladas!
These are the BEST healthy chicken enchiladas that your whole family will love! Trust me!!
Enjoy xo Jen
The BEST Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 3/4 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Tbs lime juice
- Whole Foods enchilada sauce
- 6 whole corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Optional Toppings: avocado lime wedges chopped cilantro
Make your filling:
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Add your chopped onions and peppers and cook until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add your garlic and cook for a minute more, then add the shredded chicken and 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce and heat through.
- Stir in the cilantro and lime at the end.
Make the enchiladas:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9X13 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray and cover the bottom of the dish with 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce.
- Heat your tortillas. I like to put them in a stack on a plate then cover them with a damp paper towel and heat them in the microwave until hot, flipping the stack over about halfway through.
- Fill each tortilla with a little over 1/2 cup of filling, then roll up and place each one seam side down in the prepared 9X13 dish.
- Pour the remaining hot enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, making sure they’re completely covered.
- Cover the enchiladas with the shredded cheese and bake uncovered in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is just melted and everything is hot.