12 Sep Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
With the rain this past week we’ve been back on the crockpot train…
This recipe was a total hit and was definitely another fan fav!
Enjoy! Xo Jen
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
For the Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Prepared brown rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped green onion
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a medium mixing bowl or very large measuring cup, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, chili paste, garlic, and rice vinegar. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. If you are available, flip the chicken over once halfway through to coat both sides. (If not, don’t stress; it will still be tasty.)
- Remove the chicken to a plate and let cool slightly.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the slow cooker cooking liquid. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally. If you’d like the sauce particularly thick, you can cook it for a full 30 minutes in the slow cooker
- With two forks, shred the chicken and place it in the slow cooker. If you reduced the sauce on the stove, add it back to the slow cooker now. Stir to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve over rice, sprinkled with green onions and sesame seeds.