25 Nov Kory’s Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Parsnips!
Kory’s Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Parsnips and Garlic
Yukon Gold Potatoes 5 each
Parsnips, pealed 5 each
Olive Oil ¼ cup
Garlic 1 head
Goat Cheese ¼ cup
Milk, 1% 2 cups
Salt ½ tsp
Pepper ½ tsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Cut off the top of the head of garlic; lightly drizzle with olive oil, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Wrap the head of garlic in foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
2. Cut the parsnips into even pieces (to promote even cooking). Either toss with a small amount of oil, or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Roast the parsnips at 350 degrees until they are soft.
3. Place potatoes in enough cold water to cover them. Place over high heat until they are tender. Strain the potatoes and set aside.
4. When the garlic is finished roasting, remove from the skins.
5. In a food processor, puree the parsnips, olive oil, garlic cloves, goat cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
6. Mash the potatoes with the pureed mixture.