17 Mar Homemade Grain-Free Protein Bars
These bars are dangerously delicious!!
Try your hardest not to eat the entire sheet of these!!!
2 cups nuts
1/2 cup flax meal (flax seeds ground in a blender or spice grinder)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened and organic if possible)
1/2 cup seed or nut butter (made from soaked and dried nuts or seeds is preferable)
3/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tsp organic vanilla extract
dairy-free chocolate chips (melted)
- Place nuts or seeds, flax meal, coconut, seed or nut butter, and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the nuts or seeds are ground into a coarse meal.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat. If the temperature of your home is around 76 degrees, you can skip this step and add the oil directly to the food processor as it will be soft enough to process easily.
- Add coconut oil, and vanilla to the processor bowl and process until well combined to form a thick, yet crunchy paste.
- Press the mixture into an 8×8 square pan.
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
- While bars are chilling, melt the chocolate, top the bars with chocolate.
- Press the topping onto the chilled bottom layer.
- Place back in the refrigerator to chill.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store in refrigerator.