20 Mar Harvest Fall Salad
I’m a sucker for a good fall salad, this is one of my favs!
This cozy fall salad combines baby kale, roasted kabocha squash, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and feta all tossed in a tangy apple cider vinegar dressing.
Guys, it’s delicious!
Enjoy! xo Jen
Harvest Fall Salad
- 4 cups baby kale
- ½ medium kabocha squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin-spiced pepitas
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt more if needed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper more if needed
- Preheat oven to 375°. Wash the outside of the kabocha squash with warm water. Cut the squash in half and scoop out all the seeds. Cut the squash into 1-inch semicircles. Toss the squash pieces with oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and spread on a roasting pan.
- Roast the squash for 15 minutes, remove from oven to toss, then roast for another 10-15 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- While squash is roasting, prepare the dressing by placing all ingredients except the olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk until combined, then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Set aside.
- To prepare the salads, place a portion of the kale on a plate, top with a portion of cranberries, pepitas, and feta. Add the roasted kabocha slices, drizzle with the desired amount of dressing and serve.