17 Mar Grain-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
OMG, I made these with my kiddos last night and they are the BOMB!
Seriously, guys, it is so hard to tell that there are chickpeas in these! And you know if THE KIDS eat them and like them, then they are a total mom win!
Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites!
- 1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter, SunButter Natural or almond butter – room temperature
- 1/4 cup (80 grams) honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips (use vegan and dairy-free chocolate chips, if needed)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.
- Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- With wet hands, form into 1 1/2″size balls. Place onto a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The dough balls will still be very soft when you take them out of the oven. They will not set like normal cookies.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the fridge) for up to 1 week.