20 Sep Fall Veggie Chili
With the weather starting to change we’ve been craving some soup!
You’ll LOVE this easy vegetarian chili recipe!
Fall Veggie Chili
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 3 chipotle peppers
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Jalapeño or serrano peppers, diced or sliced
- Pickled Onions
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, a few pinches of salt and pepper, and stir. Cook until the onion is translucent, 5 minutes, then add the garlic and red pepper. Stir and cook until soft, 5 to 8 minutes, turning the heat down as needed.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, water, chipotle in adobo sauce, corn, salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chili has thickened.
- Stir in the lime juice and season to taste. Serve with desired toppings.