20 Mar Crock-Pot Tuscan Chicken
In the cooler months, I’m alllllll about the crock pot! Being able to just dump everything in it and walk away is gold! Plus Its a family crowd pleaser!
This Tuscan chicken was BOMB! So you will definitely have to try it out this week!
Crock-Pot Tuscan Chicken
- 2 Tbsps unrefined coconut oil, or ghee
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free flour, or Arrowroot powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- Heat your coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken to the pan and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Sear until nicely golden brown on both sides. Roughly break the chicken into large chunks and add it into the crockpot.
- In a small bowl whisk the broth and flour together really well, and pour it into the skillet where you cooked your chicken.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer to deglaze, stirring constantly.
- Once this sauce thickens, transfer it to your crockpot, using a good spatula to make sure you get all of it.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients except for the spinach.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken and stir well to combine everything.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or on HIGH for 1.5-2 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, add in your fresh spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve immediately with an extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese if desired.