17 Mar Chicken Quesadillas
y crazy kiddos have been on a quesadilla kick!
So I was on a mission to create a healthier version and it is so DELICIOUS!
The possibilities are endless as to what you can add to them! So have fun with it!
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 chili peppers, minced (to taste)
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 gluten-free tortillas
- 1 cup vegan cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I made some meatless ones too)
- plain greek yogurt
- In a medium-heavy skillet, saute the onions, garlic and peppers
- Add the chili peppers and tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes more until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the chicken and stir well to combine.
- Spray a cold skillet with the nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the pan and sprinkle with 1/8 cup cheese.
- Add about a quarter of the chicken mixture and top with another 1/8 cup cheese.
- Cover with another tortilla and cook for two to three minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip the quesadilla over and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cut into edges.
- Keep warm while frying the remaining quesadillas.
- Serve with salsa, scallions, and fat-free sour cream.