15 Aug Basil Avocado Shrimp Salad
This salad is TOO good not to share with you guys!
The flavor combinations are out of this world and I guarantee you that you are going to want to eat this AT LEAST once a week!
Basil Avocado Shrimp Salad
FOR THE SHRIMP SALAD
- Cooking spray
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 large heads of butterhead or romaine lettuce
FOR THE MARINADE
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grease a large skillet over medium heat with cooking spray. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink and no longer opaque, 2 minutes per side. Set aside and let cool.
- Make the marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, basil, vinegar, oil, and paprika, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, stir together tomatoes, onion, avocados, and basil. Fold in shrimp. Pour marinade over shrimp salad and toss until coated.
- Store shrimp salad in the fridge in a resealable container. Serve in lettuce cups when ready to eat.