06 Sep Weight loss vs. Fat loss!
WEIGHT LOSS vs FAT LOSS!
Weight loss is always a hot topic, everyone wants to “lose weight”. But in reality what you really want to lose is body fat.
Let me break it down…
- Weight Loss. You want to lower your body-weight, the weight of your bones, muscles, organs, body fat, …
- Fat Loss. You want to lower your body fat, the amount of fat your body carries.
With weight loss…
- Your body-weight can fluctuate daily since it’s influenced by your stomach/bowel/bladder content, water loss/retention, muscle loss/gain, fat loss/gain, … You’ll have no idea what’s going on. Take a poop…you’ll lose a pound!
- 2 people with similar height can weigh the same, but look completely different because one has lower body fat than the the other.
To promote actual Fat loss… Build muscle!
- Get Stronger. Strength training builds muscle & prevents muscle loss. In addition, your met rate is directly related to how much muscle you have
- Eat Healthy. Eat whole unprocessed foods 90% of the time.
Bottom line, LIFT WEIGHTS and EAT HEALTHY!